Enter your email and we'll send you instructions on how to reset your password
BEACHSIDE DASH - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The St.George Bank Beachside Dash (called the event) will take place on Sunday 9th September 2018
The Organiser of the event is The St George & Sutherland Medical Research Foundation. ABN 85 127 315 931(Event Organiser).
Information about the event can be found at http://www.stgeorgemrf.com.au/beachside-dash/
The event includes a 10km, a 5km Event and a 2km kids run.
By participating in the Event, each entrant agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below:
• To register for the Event, each entrant is required to complete and submit an official entry form nominating the event distance, in which they will participate, and pay the entry fee for that distance.
• The official entry form is not transferable and is only valid for the person whose name and address details are listed. Entrants may only submit one entry for each event (distance).
• Entrants can register for the event in one of two ways: by completing the online entry form at Pleezpay and paying the entry fee (with processing fees) with option to make a donation and/or fundraise; or by completing an entry form and making payment on the day.
• Each entrant must be either eighteen years of age or older at the time of entry, or have the permission of his or her parent/legal guardian to participate in the Event.
• Once successfully registered, each entrant will be supplied with an official race bib and timing chip, both of which must be worn during the Event.
• Each entrant acknowledges that it is a condition of participating in the Event that he or she does so entirely at his or her own risk. Each entrant accepts all risks and releases the Event Organiser, Sponsors (and each of their respective agents, affiliates, officers and employees), Event volunteers, all instrumentalities, cities, Commonwealth or State Councils where the Event is held, and any person or body directly or indirectly associated with the Event, from any claims, demands and proceedings arising out of or in connection with the entrant’s participation in the Event and indemnifies each of them against all liability (including liability for their negligence and the negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with the entrant’s participation in the Event. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds all entrants’ heirs, successors, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
• Each entrant acknowledges that participating in the Event involves a real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including, but not limited to, over exertion, dehydration, and accidents with other participants, spectators or road users.
• Each entrant should appropriately train for the Event, seek medical advice to ensure that they are fit to compete in the Event and ensure that this advice is obtained regularly and with the specific demands of the Event in mind.
• Each entrant must abide by all Event rules and directions issued by the Event Organiser.
• Each entrant acknowledges that safety precautions undertaken by the Event Organiser (such as course supervision, race safety briefings, etc.) are a service to each entrant, but are not intended to be a guarantee of safety.
• Each entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees that their entry fee is non-refundable should they not compete or should the Event be cancelled by the Event Organiser due to weather or safety reasons and that entry fees are not transferable.
• Each entrant acknowledges that they have sole responsibility for their personal possessions and athletic equipment before, during and after the Event and related activities. Neither the Event, nor any volunteer or sponsor is liable for any damage to or loss of goods or possessions occurring at any place on the day of the Event.
• Each entrant consents to receive medical treatment that may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during or after the Event.
• Entrants must supply to the Event organiser, prior to the Event, details of any medical conditions from which they suffer that might affect their performance, or be relevant if medical treatment is needed.
• Each entrant consents to the publication and/or use in any form of media whatsoever of their name, image, likeness, statements or otherwise in any context pertaining to the Event or otherwise before, during or after the Event whether for advertising, promotions or otherwise.
• Each entrant understands their entry form and payment is valid only for the fun run distance they have nominated in the Event. Entrants will be disqualified if they compete in a distance other than the distance nominated.
• Entrants running with strollers can register for any distance but must start at the back of their race/event. Each entrant running with a stroller acknowledges that they involve the child in the stroller in the Event at that entrant’s own risk, and that entrant releases and indemnifies the Event Organiser, Volunteers, Sponsors and others in the same terms as they release and indemnity set out above in these terms and conditions.
• Entrants will not be permitted to use bikes, skateboards or rollerblades when competing in the Event. Pets, except guide dogs, will not be permitted on the course during the Event.
· Entrants and guests on the day acknowledge that photographs and video will be taken during the day by Event Organisers, which will be used for promotional purposes post event and for future Dash events.
• The Event Organiser may share an entrant’s personal information with companies related to the Event Organiser (such as Race Timing Service – MultiSport Australia) or with companies involved in the running of the Event (such as Mildren Events) or other activities by the Event Organiser. They or the Event Organiser may be in touch with entrants to let them know about events, goods, services or promotions that may interest entrants. A request to access, update or correct any personal information, or not to be contacted about events, goods, services or promotions should be directed to the Foundation’s Chief Executive Officer at Suite 8, 13-19 Hogben Street, Kogarah, 2217. To qualify as a finisher in each event, you must finish the course along the exact route. The judge’s decision on the winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The following prizes will be awarded:
- 1stMale & 1stFemale
- 2ndMale & 2ndFemale
- 3rdMale & 3rdFemale
- 1stMale & 1stFemale
- 2ndMale & 2ndFemale
- 3rdMale & 3rdFemale
- 1stBoy & Girl Under 6 years
- 2ndBoy & Girl Under 6 years
- 3rdBoy & Girl Under 6 years
- 1stBoy & Girl 6-7 years
- 2ndBoy & Girl 6-7 years
- 3rdBoy & Girl 6-7 years
- 1stBoy & Girl 8-9 years
- 2ndBoy & Girl 8-9 years
- 3rdBoy & Girl 8-9 years
- 1stBoy & Girl 10-12 years
- 2ndBoy & Girl 10-12 years
- 3rdBoy & Girl 10-12 years